My son's song

Have a song you'd like some feedback on? Post your music here for constructive criticism, mixing advice and peer reviews.

Topic Author
Greg B.
Charter Member

My son's song

Post by Greg B. » Tue May 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Kyle started this song this past December with the idea that he wanted to write a song in 7/8 time....He recorded it then and added a few things to it in March. The other day he started messing with it again and came up with some more ideas and basically rerecorded it all. He's been working on it pretty much all day yesterday and today. He got it finished and mixed down a little bit ago and told me I could post it. He named it "Rainy Day"....

https://soundcloud.com/guitargreg1969/rainy-day
"Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker"--Fender guitar course--1966

"Turning your amp up will solve most of your problems" - Bugs Henderson

mdrs
Founding Member

Re: My son's song

Post by mdrs » Wed May 25, 2016 7:12 am

That is REALLY GOOD!! :horns: :rawk:

First, and for me most importantly, it's got a great feel.....it sets a mood that you get drawn into. That is awesome.

Next, well, how else can I say it; your son knows chords I've never played. Rotten kids!! :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist:

I like all of the instrumentation, and especially like the running bass line.

How old is Kyle??
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Topic Author
Greg B.
Charter Member

Post by Greg B. » Wed May 25, 2016 7:47 am

mdrs wrote:That is REALLY GOOD!! :horns: :rawk:

First, and for me most importantly, it's got a great feel.....it sets a mood that you get drawn into. That is awesome.

Next, well, how else can I say it; your son knows chords I've never played. Rotten kids!! :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist:

I like all of the instrumentation, and especially like the running bass line.

How old is Kyle??
He's 15 today
"Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker"--Fender guitar course--1966

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Wed May 25, 2016 4:34 pm

Great job, Kyle! :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

splitting hare
Charter Member

Post by splitting hare » Thu May 26, 2016 11:35 am

I heard this yesterday on your Facebook post. This is SO cool! :rawk: Truly an outstanding job in every aspect - the music, execution, recording, etc. I love the fact that (as you mentioned on FB yesterday) that Kyle went out and recorded the rain and didn't just download and add a WAV file or something. Super job, Kyle! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff
"A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Give me a pen - I'm signing, you're signing, we're all signing!" - Lenny Haise

Topic Author
Greg B.
Charter Member

Post by Greg B. » Fri May 27, 2016 10:11 am

splitting hare wrote:I heard this yesterday on your Facebook post. This is SO cool! :rawk: Truly an outstanding job in every aspect - the music, execution, recording, etc. I love the fact that (as you mentioned on FB yesterday) that Kyle went out and recorded the rain and didn't just download and add a WAV file or something. Super job, Kyle! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
That's one of the things I'm most proud of, is that he is figuring it all out himself.....he didn't know anything about downloading a WAV file (and frankly, neither did I....LOL), so he figured out a way to do it. I personally think that it gives a much more realistic feel to it and adds to the song.

He's talking about getting some more mics, cause he's only got 2 right now (one decent one and one crappy one.....)and he said he'd really like to get a better drum sound with more mics. I think he's got a pretty good setup and got the most out of it despite his equipment.