Don't go messin' around!

Have a song you'd like some feedback on? Post your music here for constructive criticism, mixing advice and peer reviews.

Topic Author
splitting hare
Charter Member

Don't go messin' around!

Post by splitting hare » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:31 am

Here is another new tune from The Scarlet Love Conspiracy - the moral to the story should be apparent! Kind of an adult theme in this tune (at least PG-13) :D The song is just composed of verses, no chorus - reminds me a bit of the style of Dylan's Neighborhood Bully. There is a breakdown towards the end where the tempo slows. Right after it (you might need headphones to hear it) there is the sound of crackling embers and a dog barking - the latter is the courtesy of the neighbor's dog that was picked up during a scratch vocal track (those condesner mic's are sensitive!) - I thought it fit in well! :)

If the above embedded track doesn't open (it doesn't seem to be working for me), here is the direct link:

https://soundcloud.com/the-scarlet-love ... maker-road

My guitar work is on the electric - my Waterstone Bobby-O semi-hollow through my Bandmaster Reverb with just a smidgen of overdrive from the Scarlett Love pedal by Selah. I liked the tone of it for the fills but it was lacking for the lead so I ran the same guitar direct through a setting on the old GT-6. Personally I think the change in guitar tones is a bit abrupt but all my bandmates said to keep it, so there it is! Hope you enjoy.
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff
"A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Give me a pen - I'm signing, you're signing, we're all signing!" - Lenny Haise

mdrs
Founding Member

Re: Don't go messin' around!

Post by mdrs » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Sounds good, Eric. Strong song. I liked your guitar tone, and the lead tone didn't bother me a bit.

I got a "Dire Straits" feel from this song. Well done!
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Topic Author
splitting hare
Charter Member

Re: Don't go messin' around!

Post by splitting hare » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Thanks, Don!!! :thumb:
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff
"A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Give me a pen - I'm signing, you're signing, we're all signing!" - Lenny Haise