One of Many More Soon to Follow

Have a song you'd like some feedback on? Post your music here for constructive criticism, mixing advice and peer reviews.

Topic Author
splitting hare
Charter Member

One of Many More Soon to Follow

Post by splitting hare » Tue May 05, 2015 11:04 am

So, Mrs. Hare and I are still having a blast playing in The Scarlet Love Conspiracy and have been recording bits and pieces for an upcoming CD. Have so many tracks and songs that we are sorting through that are in various stages of completion. Right now, free time to work on the CD is a premium between our real lives getting in the way, rehearsals for upcoming shows, new tunes (originals and covers), not to mention that this band seems to suffer from occasional bouts of ADD :eek: :? :D :D :D (but its all good).

But this next submission is nearing completion. Some things not sitting well in the mix with me still and there are some notes here and there in my solos that are not as well articulated as I like. Some cleaning up to do on the tracks - I added the nylon string guitar intro and you can hear a couple clicks of the metronome that the condensor mic picked up in my headphones! Stuff like that.

The tune is called Well Whiskey and is actually a collaboration with another local artist. He wrote the majority of the lyrics, whereas we added the bridge, solo progressions, intro, and outro. Bass player, Travis takes the lead vocals in this one.

EDITED POST: This was originally a posted as a private track but for some reason it was being seen here as "track currently unavailable", even when using Soundcloud's double secret code for private tracks! :D Made it public so now it should hopefully be heard without any issues!
Last edited by splitting hare on Tue May 05, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff
"A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Give me a pen - I'm signing, you're signing, we're all signing!" - Lenny Haise

Craig
Site Admin

Re: One of Many More Soon to Follow

Post by Craig » Tue May 05, 2015 3:44 pm

Getting a "Track not available" message.
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.
My Facebook, My Music, My Pics

Topic Author
splitting hare
Charter Member

Post by splitting hare » Tue May 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Craig wrote:Getting a "Track not available" message.
Thanks for letting me know, Craig. I updated the track to "public" and that seemed to make the difference. Hopefully it is listenable now! :thumb:
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff
"A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Give me a pen - I'm signing, you're signing, we're all signing!" - Lenny Haise

Craig
Site Admin

Post by Craig » Tue May 05, 2015 6:44 pm

Oh man! I love this! Great writing and an amazing job on everyone's part!
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.
My Facebook, My Music, My Pics

Topic Author
splitting hare
Charter Member

Post by splitting hare » Thu May 07, 2015 10:18 am

Craig wrote:Oh man! I love this! Great writing and an amazing job on everyone's part!
Thanks, Craig! I have been experimenting with adding (very carefully) a bit more mid range to mixes - I think I have too many things in this one as it sounds a bit mid rangy to my ears. Also thinking the drum overheads might need some of the highs pulled down a tad.

Then again, all these songs we are recording for the CD will be given over to a local engineer for mastering. Have zero experience there so I will have to see how they want a mix delivered to them.
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff