Speaking of Beatles tunes...

Have a song you'd like some feedback on? Post your music here for constructive criticism, mixing advice and peer reviews.

Topic Author
splitting hare
Charter Member

Speaking of Beatles tunes...

Post by splitting hare » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:36 am

...and how some of them are more complicated than they sound - In all the years and in all the bands I have been in that have covered them, playing I am the Walrus with Eddies of the Wind was perhaps the most fun. It was a challenging tune to pull off live and I am pretty sure we have a live take of it somewhere but this version was done in Jack's (EOTW's band leader) studio and he did all the production on this - I am thinking we did this back around '07 or '08? FUN tune to rock up!

http://www.reverbnation.com/eddiesofthe ... the-walrus

I did the heavily distorted guitar, Kat was on drums, Jack on vocals and all the keys. I pretty much recall recording this live except for all the keyboard arrangements and vocals. Then we all participated on adding the Ho Ho Ho's and all that. Not sure why we said "so what, so what, everybody so what" at the end there instead of the "umpahs" but that is what we did! :) And I think at 3:25 Kat had missed a cymbal crash when we recorded the take and Jack edited in a gong crash! I find it kind of odd and very out of place but amusing at the same time!

Got a studio version of us doing Taxman around that time, too. Maybe I can dig it up, too!
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff
"A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Give me a pen - I'm signing, you're signing, we're all signing!" - Lenny Haise

Craig
Site Admin

Re: Speaking of Beatles tunes...

Post by Craig » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:35 pm

Great job! Would love to hear taxman as well!
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.
My Facebook, My Music, My Pics