Half The Way Gone

Have a song you'd like some feedback on? Post your music here for constructive criticism, mixing advice and peer reviews.
Craig
Site Admin

Re: Half The Way Gone

Post by Craig » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:46 am

Thanks, Mud! You were right, the mic'ed acoustic is much better sounding. Only issue was, it became glaringly evident that I am due for a string change!
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.
My Facebook, My Music, My Pics

Mudcat
Charter Member

Post by Mudcat » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:35 pm

Craig wrote:...Only issue was, it became glaringly evident that I am due for a string change!
Maybe for you as a player but the recording sounded just fine to me. :thumb:
http://www.soundclick.com/mudcat
http://www.soundclick.com/mudcatsdemos

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:30 pm

Oh yea.

Love the new version; short and to the point, which I LOVE. Live acoustic sounds better, even if your strings may be dead. In fact, dead strings may well sound better than fresh in certain applications......this song being one example.

Your vocals are great.

What ever you do, DON'T do another version of this song. It may become an instant icon........... :horns:
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Craig
Site Admin

Post by Craig » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:09 pm

LOL! Thanks, Don. I am done with this one. On to the next.
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.

thebigred67
Gold Member

Post by thebigred67 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:30 pm

I keep looking for the thumbs up or "Like" button!!! :thumb:

Craig
Site Admin

Post by Craig » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:18 pm

LOL! Actually, at the top left of the page. There is a Facebook "Like" button.
Craig Brophy

thebigred67
Gold Member

Post by thebigred67 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:28 pm

Craig wrote:LOL! Actually, at the top left of the page. There is a Facebook "Like" button.
Yeah but I just wanted to like one post. :D

Dr. Ellwood
Founding Member

Post by Dr. Ellwood » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:48 pm

VERY NICE Craig!!! stellar job on every element!!!
I wonder now, what was his fate? Is he on the run? Or did his lights go out tonight? Will he see the sun? Star Trek "It may be the warriors who get the glory, but it's the engineers who build societies."

The String Network Forums

Caevan O'Shite
Charter Member
Location: The Great Spirit's Handprint on a Big Turtle's back (Finger Lakes, Upstate NY, US)

Post by Caevan O'Shite » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Craig wrote:Recorded the guitar with a mic, shortened the intro, adjusted the vocal effect (kept the slight delay but opened up the reveb a bit), added cello and synth midway into the song.
Here's the link in case it doesn't update the old one:
VERY nice! WELL done!

Am I correct in thinking that the changes you made are to be found on the initial post that started this thread, as well as the later post? Are they both now the same clip?

A little hammered dulcimer, mixed low and brought up here and there, with reverb and delay repeats, might provide some more of the haunting you're wanting... Just an idea, though. It's excellent as-is.
~Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite~
_ _ ___ _ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _ ___ Image Letterboxed, Hi-Def Telecast

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

Craig
Site Admin

Post by Craig » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:51 am

Thanks, Lee and Caev!

Caev, they are both the same. I'm out of room on sound cloud and already have to delete old songs to fit in new ones. When I make changes, I delete the original and replace it, to save space.

a hamered dulcimer may have sounded cool. I thought of a few others as well but having added the cello, I didn't want to make the music too complicated.
Craig Brophy