NGD

Question about vintage gear? Wondering how to apply that new scale you are learning? This is the place for all things guitar.
Greg B.
Charter Member

NGD

Post by Greg B. » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Wasn't really looking, but I ran across this Reverend PA-1HB on FB, sent the guy a trade offer, and met him earlier today to do the deal. I traded one of my Strats for it and so far am loving it! This is the third Reverend I've owned (still have one other) and I can't say enough great things about them. They are imports, but the quality is high and I have yet to play one that didn't play and sound excellent. A lot of guitar for the money IMO.

I've wanted a hollowbody with a Bigsby for a long time now, but never really did anything about it. When Reverend came out with these a few years ago, I really wanted one, but again, didn't really pursue it. They don't come up used very often, so I got lucky in that it is the exact color/configuration that I like the best, if it wasnt', I probably wouldn't have went for it.

Here's link to the specs: https://www.reverendguitars.com/guitars ... -hb-custom

"Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker"--Fender guitar course--1966

"Turning your amp up will solve most of your problems" - Bugs Henderson

Caevan O'Shite
Charter Member
Location: The Great Spirit's Handprint on a Big Turtle's back (Finger Lakes, Upstate NY, US)

Re: NGD

Post by Caevan O'Shite » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:44 am

Beautiful! I bet she plays and sounds great! :cool:
~Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite~
_ _ ___ _ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _ ___ Image Letterboxed, Hi-Def Telecast

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

Craig
Site Admin

Post by Craig » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:57 pm

LOVE the colour!
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.
My Facebook, My Music, My Pics

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:07 pm

Cool axe, Greg. I've never played a Reverend........
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Greg B.
Charter Member

Post by Greg B. » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Don, I've had one for almost 10 years and really don't see getting rid of it. Right after I got it, I helped a local shop become a Reverend dealer. They just so happen to be right down the street from my work ( :horns: ), so I've played quite a few of them and, while some don't necessarily appeal to me visually, I haven't played one yet that wasn't an outstanding playing and sounding guitar. Their pickups are excellent and the overall quality is high, as they do final inspections/setups/tweaking at their shop before shipping to dealers. The fit and finish on all 3 that I have owned are tops, despite price. My tastes generally are traditional, but Reverend's designs are mostly, to me, different without being weird, but they still have somewhat of a familiar vibe to them.....make sense?
"Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker"--Fender guitar course--1966

"Turning your amp up will solve most of your problems" - Bugs Henderson

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Sure does, Greg. I don't go to guitar shops much, like I used to. I'll keep an eye out for them!
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296