NAD! Fender Tone-Master

From Ampeg to Dr. Z, the Amp forum is the place for conversation, only louder!
Caevan O'Shite
Charter Member
Location: The Great Spirit's Handprint on a Big Turtle's back (Finger Lakes, Upstate NY, US)

Re: NAD! Fender Tone-Master

Post by Caevan O'Shite » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:23 am

Oh, I agree with you, I really like those V-30's, they have a FANTASTIC "KerrRRRAAANG"! Classic/Hard/Punk Rock sounds great through them in a good cab, especially clanging, aggressive rhythm-guitar and big Townshend-to-Page-to-Strummer chords.

I also love 12" guitar-speakers and prefer them over 10" speakers. Y' know what'd be even better than that one 12" V-30 in your Pro Sonic? TWO of 'em! (IF they'd fit!) I'd bet that the original 2x10" Celestion array, PLUS a 1x12" or 2x12" extension-cab (closed-back, perhaps?), would also sound fantastic. Might be more than you'd want to cart around, though! :D :thumb:

As for the Tone Massa, I do believe that Bruce Zinky was referencing a lot of classic Eddie Van Halen tones, so even if the amp was designed and paired with V-30's, it doesn't surprise me that it'd sound great with "greenbacks", as well. And I'm not surprised that a mix of greenbacks and V-30s results in great, rich and complex tones!
~Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite~
_ _ ___ _ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _ ___ Image Letterboxed, Hi-Def Telecast

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

Greg B.
Charter Member

Post by Greg B. » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:40 pm

So I should be getting the amp back this week or next. My friend that has it has been super busy and I told him from the beginning that since he was doing me a favor, I was in no hurry and to take as much time as needed. A month or so ago he called me and told me that it was the output transformer, so I found a brand new factory replacement and got it to him. I told him that when he was done with it, to keep it for a few weeks and put it thru the paces to make sure all was well with it. I can't wait to get it back!
"Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker"--Fender guitar course--1966

"Turning your amp up will solve most of your problems" - Bugs Henderson

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Keep us posted!!
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296