New cab

From Ampeg to Dr. Z, the Amp forum is the place for conversation, only louder!
Greg B.
Charter Member

New cab

Post by Greg B. » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:48 pm

So my son has been playing in a couple of jazz bands recently and he's gotten to know a guitar player pretty well. The guitar player's dad and I have, due to the boys playing quite a bit recently, gotten to know each other pretty well also. He's a guitar player too, so we always have something to talk about. LOL... About a month ago, he invited Kyle and I over to have a "guitar geek-fest". He's got some incredible guitars and amps and we had a great time!!! We played a '55, a '56, a '58, and a '61 Strat, a '57 D'Angelico (It was incredible...), 3 different Bludotone amps, a few Tweed Fenders (Deluxe and Tremolux), and a '68 Marshall Smallbox 50 watt head that has been owned and played by Eric Johnson and Paul Reed Smith.

Anyway, he's telling me about the 4x12 cab that he has (a custom made one that was originally built for and used by Brad Whitfield from Aerosmith) and mentioned that he had a 4x12 that he wasn't using and didn't need and asked if I could use it. Before I could answer, he told me that if I have room for it to just take it. He didn't need it, didn't really want it just sitting around collecting dust and not getting used (he got it in a deal with some other stuff and had no use for it, but had to buy it to get what he really wanted....). So I said sure, I'll take it. Turns out it's a Bogner 412STH, almost like new! I tried to pay him for it, but he refused. It's got 2 V30's and 2 Greenbacks and sounds incredible!! I don't think the speakers are fully broken in yet! It sounds awesome with my Prosonic. I'm still kind of taken back that he just gave it to me! Believe me, it's not sitting around collecting dust, those speakers aren't going to break themselves in! :horns: :horns: :rawk: :rawk:

I'll post up a few pics later
Last edited by Greg B. on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker"--Fender guitar course--1966

"Turning your amp up will solve most of your problems" - Bugs Henderson

Greg B.
Charter Member

Re: New cab

Post by Greg B. » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:33 am

"Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker"--Fender guitar course--1966

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:01 pm

How cool, Greg. That speaker cab looks brand spankin new!! Play it in health!! :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Greg B.
Charter Member

Post by Greg B. » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:11 pm

mdrs wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:01 pm
How cool, Greg. That speaker cab looks brand spankin new!! Play it in health!! :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
There's one tiny little nick on the lower back side....that's the only thing I can find that keeps it from being basically new.....

I've had a few 4x12s in the past, and nowadays didn't really care about having one (too big....), but I'm not going to turn down a free one!! Especially a super nice, quality one! I'll keep it!!

Craig
Site Admin

Post by Craig » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:14 pm

Sweet!
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.
My Facebook, My Music, My Pics

Caevan O'Shite
Charter Member
Location: The Great Spirit's Handprint on a Big Turtle's back (Finger Lakes, Upstate NY, US)

Post by Caevan O'Shite » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:44 am

Nice! Great combination of speakers, too.
~Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite~
_ _ ___ _ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _ ___ Image Letterboxed, Hi-Def Telecast

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?