How to split imports.

A place for all your DAW and general computer related questions.
Verndog
Platinum Member

How to split imports.

Post by Verndog » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:33 pm

I have an old file, the complete Deep Purple Made In Japan album, but it is the whole thing, not tracked. Any ideas on how to split up the file into an album style?
The stupidity of one's actions is equally proportioned to the amount of people who saw you do it
Single can be purchased here!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/devil ... =721722185

Craig
Site Admin

Re: How to split imports.

Post by Craig » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Use a program like Audacity. Import the single file, then split it up between songs. Then delete all but the song you want and save under the new sing name. Next, undo the delete and delete all but the next song, etc. etc.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.
My Facebook, My Music, My Pics

Stamplicker
Gold Member

Post by Stamplicker » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Or you can open it in your DAW, Split and drag each song into it's own channel and save each one ;)

Verndog
Platinum Member

Post by Verndog » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:16 pm

Found a free thing called Wavepad. Real easy interface and similar to Audacity. Has a nice little split at cursor button, the asks to save file as. Type title of the song and done. It removes that part of original file, so you just need to find the next split point.
The stupidity of one's actions is equally proportioned to the amount of people who saw you do it
Single can be purchased here!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/devil ... =721722185

thebigred67
Gold Member

Post by thebigred67 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Craig wrote:Use a program like Audacity. Import the single file, then split it up between songs. Then delete all but the song you want and save under the new sing name. Next, undo the delete and delete all but the next song, etc. etc.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
You can also select the song after it is edited and save as with each song.