Norton sucks

A place for all your DAW and general computer related questions.
Craig
Site Admin

Re: Norton sucks

Post by Craig » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Couple of notes, Geoff.

Avira and AVG used to be pretty much the same. Then AVG decided to inflate the heck out of their software. It is now fairly bloated I no longer recommend it.

Ccleaner is a good program for cleaning up unwanted files, but I've seen it butcher registries. Use at your own discretion.

Lastly, with a good router between you and the internet and a good antivirus program, a firewall isn't as necessary as it used to be. The router keeps unwanted traffic from getting in and the antivirus keeps you from installing software that will allow unwanted transmissions from getting out.

Surf safe, don't open or run stuff you are unsure of and that's half the battle.
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.
My Facebook, My Music, My Pics

Geoff
Charter Member

Re: Norton sucks

Post by Geoff » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:12 pm

:thumb:

I don't have firewalls on my desktops, only the laptops likely to leave the building.

G.
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace. Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music