Smart Phone App for Travel Flights and Itinerary

A place for all your DAW and general computer related questions.
mdrs
Founding Member

Smart Phone App for Travel Flights and Itinerary

Post by mdrs » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:29 pm

I've used an app, called "AutoPilot" for a number of years. You enter flight/hotel/rental car info, and it'll store it all for you, so that you don't have to print out itineraries when you travel.

The only problem is that some places I travel to have little, if any, cellular coverage. So, as happened last week, I can find myself in a remote location, with no web access, and not be able to obtain my flight info. "AutoPilot" does not store any of the data on your phone. So, if it can't "update", you may not be able to access flight info. This can be a problem.

Do any of you use, or know of a better app for flight/travel itinerary storage???
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Craig
Site Admin

Re: Smart Phone App for Travel Flights and Itinerary

Post by Craig » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:58 pm

I haven't flown since I was 8 so I may not be the best one to answer this. However, I have heard folks talking about TripDeck. I don't know if it is a "cloud" storage or drive storage, but it's free and would be easy enough to check out.
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.
My Facebook, My Music, My Pics