Because we are not busy enough...

Our cosy little Inn, here at the end of the internet. A great place to sit a spell, and chat with friends. No religion, nor politics, please.
mdrs
Founding Member

Re: Because we are not busy enough...

Post by mdrs » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

splitting hare
Charter Member

Post by splitting hare » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:02 pm

That IS a cool place! Very unique and intimate setting with what sounds like great acoustics. i'd love to see a show there! :thumb:

I wonder what they have had to do to alter their operating procedures to deal with the complaints - looks like they have shows booked through the end of the year - or at least November anyway with a couple of shows on the calendar for December.
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff
"A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Give me a pen - I'm signing, you're signing, we're all signing!" - Lenny Haise

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:21 pm

I don't know all of the details, Eric. There was something with their liquor license, and other "stuff". I suspect that some locals just didn't like the noise, so they stirred up a bunch of trouble. It's a shame, because it is a historic venue, in a really cool, historic town. It'd be an absolute shame to shut it down.

BTW, I've seen Chris Smither, Monte Montgomery, Billy Cobham, Hot Tuna, and others at this venue.
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

splitting hare
Charter Member

Post by splitting hare » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:49 pm

mdrs wrote:I
BTW, I've seen Chris Smither, Monte Montgomery, Billy Cobham, Hot Tuna, and others at this venue.
:thumb: :thumb:
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff
"A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Give me a pen - I'm signing, you're signing, we're all signing!" - Lenny Haise

splitting hare
Charter Member

Post by splitting hare » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:39 pm

Our 2nd annual Rocky Horror show was a blast! Taking place at the newly opened Revelry Room located on the grounds of the famous Chattanooga Choo Choo, we had a paid attendance of 387. Not a sellout of 500 like we were really hoping BUT it is the most ticket sales this venue has had so far in the 5 or 6 weeks it has been open. :horns: I am pretty sure we would have done more without other competition that took place at the same time - about 2 weeks after our show was announced another local venue with a production company unknown to us, decided to show the same picture - with a live band (we still haven't found out who the band was, if they were local or not) and have a shadow cast to go along with it - same date and time competing directly with our show! :shakesfist: :? In fairness, the venue (which is a really cool place that we have frequented and gigged at) has had Rocky Horror parties in the past, but never with a live band...and it being scheduled on the exact same night and time as ours? WTH?

I could go on and rant much further but to quote Forrest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that." :)

Anyway, great time! We got a good bit of video from friends in the audience. These are all on Facebook and not sure how to post those videos here. Will do so if I can figure out how to do it. In the meantime (and most appropriate for a guitar forum) is my gear from last night.

I have never pulled out the '69 Bandmaster Reverb head and cab for a gig before but somehow I thought this would look good (and I knew it would sound great) on stage for this special show. The Gold Top Deluxe was the primary guitar used last night for our opening set of originals (with 2 covers - Webb Wilder's Horror Hayride and The Beatles Helter Skelter) and the entire Rocky set. The Waterstone Bobby=O was a back up, and the Takamine (a low budget but nice addition to the 'Hare inventory which I neglected to post under a NGD subject line) for Science Fiction, Double Feature (and Reprise) from the RHPS.

Have some more pics and will post some of those soon as well. Great times!
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff

Michael Patrick
Charter Member

Post by Michael Patrick » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:18 am

Congrats on the successful gig!
We'll go to Beverly Hills
Just before dawn
Knock the little jockeys
Off the rich peoples' lawns
And before they get up
I'll be gone

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:30 am

Sounds like some, er, copycat type shenanigans going on there, Eric. Those that can, DO. Those that can't, COPY! :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: Sorry to hear about that, yet don't let that impact the fun and success of your show. You can only control your own behavior.

Here is a link to Eric's Facebook page, where some of the videos of the show have been posted;

https://www.facebook.com/eric.almlie?fref=ts
Don

splitting hare
Charter Member

Post by splitting hare » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:Congrats on the successful gig!
Thanks, MP! :thumb:
mdrs wrote:Sounds like some, er, copycat type shenanigans going on there, Eric. Those that can, DO. Those that can't, COPY! :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: Sorry to hear about that, yet don't let that impact the fun and success of your show. You can only control your own behavior.

Here is a link to Eric's Facebook page, where some of the videos of the show have been posted;

https://www.facebook.com/eric.almlie?fref=ts
Naw, we always look on the positive...it was a great gig and perhaps we will do it a 3rd time next year. Last year there was toilet paper streaming from every ceiling fan at Rhythm and Brews - this year, there was toilet paper in every chandelier in this room! If that ain't rock and roll, I don't know what is! :) Thanks for posting the link, Don!
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff