We are staying!

Our cosy little Inn, here at the end of the internet. A great place to sit a spell, and chat with friends. No religion, nor politics, please.
Craig
Site Admin

We are staying!

Post by Craig » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:39 pm

I just thought I'd leave a quick message to let everyone know that, despite dwindling posts, Don and I are going to keep this forum open indefinitely. There is a still a large amount of traffic here (people coming to look up information) and it's also nice to know that this place is always here, should you feel like stopping by to say hi! :wave:
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.
My Facebook, My Music, My Pics

Michael Patrick
Charter Member

Re: We are staying!

Post by Michael Patrick » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Good, because I ain't leaving.
We'll go to Beverly Hills
Just before dawn
Knock the little jockeys
Off the rich peoples' lawns
And before they get up
I'll be gone

splitting hare
Charter Member

Post by splitting hare » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:00 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:Good, because I ain't leaving.
Me neither!

I think the participation on most forums is down these days, perhaps due to other social media. But there are certain things I really enjoy coming here to post and discuss. Still love hearing everyone's latest musical creations and often post first mixes and such here before putting them out in "public". And I am one of those who revisits old threads for reference sake or just reminiscing (kind of like looking at old photos or something!)
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff
"A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Give me a pen - I'm signing, you're signing, we're all signing!" - Lenny Haise

Greg B.
Charter Member

Post by Greg B. » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:12 pm

Yeah, you guys are stuck with me too....... :D

I admit that I don't post as much as I used to (I am on our FB page quite a bit tho), but I check in pretty regularly and don't plan on going anywhere. I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating that I am grateful to Craig, Don, and Lee for starting and keeping this forum going. I'm active on The Gear Page forums, but there's hundreds of thousands of members there and while its a great place with tons of info, its just not the same as this place. Kind of like living in a huge city, not knowing anyone vs. living in a small town where everyone knows everyone else.
"Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker"--Fender guitar course--1966

"Turning your amp up will solve most of your problems" - Bugs Henderson

Bluesape
Global Moderator

Post by Bluesape » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:18 pm

I ain't goin' nowhere....

Geoff
Charter Member

Post by Geoff » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:41 am

Where would I go anyway?

:)

G.
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace. Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:04 am

Geoff wrote:Where would I go anyway?

:)

G.
Yea, Geoff, at my age, where else would I go? :whistle: :wave: :horns: ;) :rawk: :rawk:
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Caevan O'Shite
Charter Member
Location: The Great Spirit's Handprint on a Big Turtle's back (Finger Lakes, Upstate NY, US)

Post by Caevan O'Shite » Wed May 06, 2015 2:19 am

Good! Glad to hear (read) it! :cool: :wave:

The content, substance, the information and social exchange of these forums is superior, in my humble little opinion, to that of other "social media" out there. Maybe due to the types of people attracted both before and after Facebook and Twitter and whatever else came to the fore; greater depth, less 'fast-food', if you will.
~Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite~
_ _ ___ _ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _ ___ Image Letterboxed, Hi-Def Telecast

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

Verndog
Platinum Member

Post by Verndog » Fri May 08, 2015 7:54 am

Yea..... And I know where one of you live! Lol.
The stupidity of one's actions is equally proportioned to the amount of people who saw you do it
Single can be purchased here!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/devil ... =721722185

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Fri May 08, 2015 4:44 pm

:D
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Guitarzannie
Charter Member

Post by Guitarzannie » Tue May 12, 2015 8:14 pm

I plan on staying -- me and my roundbacks ain't going anywhere! In fact, I will be doing a song or two at an open mike night that my guitar teacher is hosting at a church.

Michelle :)
Celebrities, Preachers, Deacons and other Legends play Ovations!
Old Tupperware ladies never die, they buy Ovations!
Everyone should have carbon fiber in their diet
Fan of the FanTail headstock