Formal Daily Report

Our cosy little Inn, here at the end of the internet. A great place to sit a spell, and chat with friends. No religion, nor politics, please.
mdrs
Founding Member

Re: Formal Daily Report

Post by mdrs » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Just on the tail end of getting another 4+ inches of fresh snow. Getting the fire going in the fire place. Homemade lasagna made with homemade venison sausage for dinner tonight. #1 son and his GF here for the weekend. Just finished playing for about 3 hours. Did those acoustic demos for Sheridan Gibson (see "The Library" section), and played a LP LOUDLY for a couple of hours. You know, you wanna make sure it works, right??

:horns:

:rawk:
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Vince
Charter Member

Post by Vince » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:00 pm

mdrs wrote:Just on the tail end of getting another 4+ inches of fresh snow. Getting the fire going in the fire place. Homemade lasagna made with homemade venison sausage for dinner tonight. #1 son and his GF here for the weekend. Just finished playing for about 3 hours. Did those acoustic demos for Sheridan Gibson (see "The Library" section), and played a LP LOUDLY for a couple of hours.
Sounds almost like Christmas! :D

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Yea, Vince, a really white Christmas! We really have a pile of snow here. In 27 years here in NEPA, this is the second or third most snow I've seen. I'd take more photos to show you, but photos of white snow tend to underwhelm. It's hard to really tell how much snow there really is. I'll be out a bit this afternoon. If I get any good shots, I'll post a few.
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:19 pm

No photos, but I took a walk to check one of my deer cameras. And, quite a walk it was!! There is deep fluffy snow, then an ice layer, then fluffy snow. When my foot would break through the ice layer, and hit the ground, the snow was well over my knees! I'm 6'1". Evidently, we've had 28" of snow in February. We're supposed to get 2 to 4" tomorrow night, into Tuesday AM.

My snow plow guy is pretty happy this year............ :horns: :shakesfist: :)
Don

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:33 pm

My kids are old enough that this Easter weekend will find two of them unable to come home due to work and/or school obligations. No problem. I asked the wife to pick up some sweets today on her visit to the grocery store. So, the second jelly bean I chomp down on pulls a big old filling out of my tooth!

:shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist:

It's 9:30 PM on Friday night. Obviously the odds of catching a dentist before next Monday is slim to nill. Luckily, it doesn't hurt. I just won't be able to chew solids.

I guess I AM getting old and decrepit....................

:shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist:
Don

Vince
Charter Member

Post by Vince » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:57 am

Going off to what I call "band camp" on Friday.

Basically, this drummer guy I met hires out a retreat in the country and people go and play for five days.

There's eight (?) of us going this time, I can think of worse ways of spending a couple of hundred. It'll be useful to jam with other people, I haven't done that in ages, not since I decided to do the solo bass thing.

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:24 am

Sounds like fun, Vince. Enjoy! :rawk:
Don

Craig
Site Admin

Post by Craig » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:02 am

Sounds like fun! Have a great time, Vince!
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.
My Facebook, My Music, My Pics

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:39 am

Dental update; :D

Tooth not yet repaired. Dentist not open until tomorrow.

:shakesfist:
Don

Vince
Charter Member

Post by Vince » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:44 pm

mdrs wrote:Dental update; :D

That's rugged. What do people do in emergencies?

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Vince wrote:
mdrs wrote:Dental update; :D

That's rugged. What do people do in emergencies?
Dental update II; Dentist away for Easter. Not open until Wednesday. :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist:

What do we do in the case of emergencies? Chew carefully......... :cry:
Don

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Filling replaced with a new one! Hooray!! :horns: :horns: :horns:
Don

Craig
Site Admin

Post by Craig » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Terrible you had to wait so long. Glad it got fixed though!
Craig Brophy
I like to plug a power strip into itself. The current loop generates infinite free electricity!
I've come up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us.
My Facebook, My Music, My Pics

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:15 pm

It's always something!! :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist:

:horns:
Don

Guitarzannie
Charter Member

Post by Guitarzannie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:01 pm

mdrs wrote: So, the second jelly bean I chomp down on pulls a big old filling out of my tooth!

:shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist:

It's 9:30 PM on Friday night. Obviously the odds of catching a dentist before next Monday is slim to nill. Luckily, it doesn't hurt. I just won't be able to chew solids.

I guess I AM getting old and decrepit....................

:shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist: :shakesfist:
Not fun for sure! Hope all went well at the dentist!

Me, I had a rather eventful Sunday. Mom was baking something in the oven when the oven decided to go into self cleaning mode, meaning that the door locked and the oven got very hot! We couldn't even turn it off. We were about to shut it off at the circuit breaker when it stopped and we were able to take the food out. We were lucky that we did not have an oven fire. The funny thing is that she has actually tried to use the self cleaning feature before, but it never worked! She did manage to save the manicotti, though.

I thought she had inadvertently pushed the wrong button, but in my research I found out that she was not the only one to have this problem. Apparently, the computer chips can go bad. And one repair tech has said that he thought it was a bad decision for companies to digitize appliances like ovens. Her oven is over 15 years old, so she decided to get a brand new oven. And I read in several places that using the self cleaning feature on the oven is a sure fire way to shorten the life of the oven.

After we ate, Mom and I were cleaning up and I thought that my two brothers and their families were outside. My SIL comes in the house, asking where her 15 mo. old daughter was! After we heard a small crash coming from a bedroom, we knew were she was for sure. Not hurt at all, but she is a sneaky little one for sure!

Michelle
Celebrities, Preachers, Deacons and other Legends play Ovations!
Old Tupperware ladies never die, they buy Ovations!
Everyone should have carbon fiber in their diet
Fan of the FanTail headstock