Formal Daily Report

Our cosy little Inn, here at the end of the internet. A great place to sit a spell, and chat with friends. No religion, nor politics, please.

Topic Author
mdrs
Founding Member

Formal Daily Report

Post by mdrs » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:46 pm

As opposed to the informal one........

Hot and humid here today. It's kind of dark now...oh, yea, it's 11:31PM.

H&H all weekend, so I'm thankful that the AC is functional this year!!

How are you doing??
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Vince
Charter Member

Re: Formal Daily Report

Post by Vince » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:28 pm

It is *extremely* windy here, although it's much worse down in the South Island where people have been warned to look out for flying tin roofs.

Not much to report, going out to dinner at a local cafe in a few hours. Tried to return some library books and were amazed to discover that the library closes at 4:00 pm on a Saturday ( :shock: And then they complain that kids don't read)

Thursday was a pretty interesting day, my wife got an invite to the opening of the new Weta Workshops outlet store. They're the guys that do all the Peter Jackson stuff such as King Kong, LOTR, Meet The Feebles and so on. It was a pretty cool shop, really, full of models and memorabilia from the movies. I suppose it'll become a proper tourist attraction, given time.

Dr. Ellwood
Founding Member

Post by Dr. Ellwood » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:41 pm

Well back at the ranch earlier than usual! We started 1 1/2 hour earlier than usual, so I'm just going back and forth copying pics and stuff from the old site to the very snazzy new site here!!! just starting to get a little more comfortable with how this one works!!! I think it's looking good!!! :D
I wonder now, what was his fate? Is he on the run? Or did his lights go out tonight? Will he see the sun? Star Trek "It may be the warriors who get the glory, but it's the engineers who build societies."

The String Network Forums

Topic Author
mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:34 am

Good morning campers.

Foggy out this am here in the valley. Got my cup o Joe in hand, enjoying this new site.

Cudos to Craig for coming up with this software. I like the look. And, I'm sure we'll be able to make changes to really customize this to our needs.

Don't forget to address picking an avatar, filling out the personal info, etc.. As the first wave of invitees ("the usual suspects" LOL) registers, we will be designating you guys as "charter members". While there is no cash award associated with your "charter member" status :( it is meant to show that you are part of the core group of individuals that have supported this new forum. We do appreciate that, as well as enjoy your company!!!

So, something that is unusual for me these days....all three of my sons are home for the weekend. In spite of that, NONE OF THEM slept here last night!!! Does that sound like teenage boys, or what??? LOL :)
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

Topic Author
mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:36 am

Where's Geoff?

This thread is just NOT RIGHT without Geoff. 8-)
Don

Dr. Ellwood
Founding Member

Post by Dr. Ellwood » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:33 am

Good morning all!! after some pretty band storms last night, everything seem to be ok around here, some tree limbs down etc. Sun's out but looks like another front coming in later in the day.
I wonder now, what was his fate? Is he on the run? Or did his lights go out tonight? Will he see the sun? Star Trek "It may be the warriors who get the glory, but it's the engineers who build societies."

Topic Author
mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:37 am

Hey, the search function works on this forum!!

:ugeek:

Way to go, Craig!!
Don

Topic Author
mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:39 am

lee wrote:Good morning all!! after some pretty band storms last night, everything seem to be ok around here, some tree limbs down etc. Sun's out but looks like another front coming in later in the day.

Hey.....is your hamm antenna retractable, or always up? With a storm like that, I'd guess an antenna might be at risk??
Don

Fingers
Charter Member

Post by Fingers » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:29 am

Morning all....shaping up to be a beautiful day in Lost Angeles. It will be another hot one....yesterday was blazing. We worked outdoors all week, it was hat and sunscreen city.

I have to take my 7 year old daughter to gymnastics so I will check in later. I was going to go surfing today but we had energy efficient windows installed a couple weeks ago in a couple rooms and the workers jacked up a flyscreen. They are coming today to replace that so I hope to go surfing tomorrow instead.

So off to Surfline to quickly check the surfcams to see what I am missing today and I will catch you all later.

Have a great day.

Dr. Ellwood
Founding Member

Post by Dr. Ellwood » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:53 am

Fingers wrote:Morning all....shaping up to be a beautiful day in Lost Angeles. It will be another hot one....yesterday was blazing. We worked outdoors all week, it was hat and sunscreen city.

I have to take my 7 year old daughter to gymnastics so I will check in later. I was going to go surfing today but we had energy efficient windows installed a couple weeks ago in a couple rooms and the workers jacked up a flyscreen. They are coming today to replace that so I hope to go surfing tomorrow instead.

So off to Surfline to quickly check the surfcams to see what I am missing today and I will catch you all later.

Have a great day.

NEAT LISTER!! you surfer DUDE YOU!!! :mrgreen: I like your abbreviated new screen name LOL!!! Put up your Avatar when you get a chance! oh and are you gonna show that work video pretty soon?

Topic Author
mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:54 am

You have a great one too, Fum.

It's hit 95 degrees here today, and that was at 12:20pm.

It's gonna be a scorcher
Don

Dr. Ellwood
Founding Member

Post by Dr. Ellwood » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:00 pm

mdrs wrote:You have a great one too, Fum.

It's hit 95 degrees here today, and that was at 12:20pm.

It's gonna be a scorcher

92 right now and humidity is HIGH!!! AC running and it's taking out water like a water fall LOL!! :mrgreen:

jbote
Charter Member

Post by jbote » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:08 pm

Morning all!

Sunny and warmer here in SF, which is a bit of a relief because the past few days have been really windy and cool. A nice break.

No big plans this weekend. Might go and see the new Indy movie on Father's Day tomorrow, but other than that will just enjoy the family and take it easy. Oh, and of course, play the guitar.

Hope all have an enjoyable Saturday. :D
John

"This is no social crisis, it's just another tricky day for you." - Pete Townshend

Zephyr
Charter Member

Post by Zephyr » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:24 pm

hot, humid, and sticky, typical CT weather.

Dr. Ellwood
Founding Member

Post by Dr. Ellwood » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:46 pm

Zephyr wrote:hot, humid, and sticky, typical CT weather.

HIYA ZEPHYR welcome aboard!! ... Upload your Avatar when you get a chance!! :mrgreen: :ugeek: