Amp Question

Our cosy little Inn, here at the end of the internet. A great place to sit a spell, and chat with friends. No religion, nor politics, please.
Michael Patrick
Charter Member

Re: Amp Question

Post by Michael Patrick » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:00 am

Which grille cloth does it have, small check or black? Small check will again be worth more.

Here's one on Reverb with small check cloth and blackback Celestions that is listed for $1400. I happen to know the seller (total coincidence, it was the first Google search result I clicked on...) and I know he prices stuff, uh, optimistically.

On the downside it sounds like yours is in a bit rougher condition. On the upside you have a case for it.

If it has the small check grille cloth, I'd say your cab with the road case is worth around $1000, give or take.
We'll go to Beverly Hills
Just before dawn
Knock the little jockeys
Off the rich peoples' lawns
And before they get up
I'll be gone

Fingers
Charter Member

Post by Fingers » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:28 pm

This is the grille cloth.....

And here's the thing. The cabinet has the Fingers Custom Shop mic port modification so you can close mic the speaker with an SM57 or 58 mic. Totally custom!! :)
I mean look at this rig......I am so stressing to let this go.

mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Lister, I dig the "Fingers Custom Shop mic port modification"!!! Shortens the signal chain considerably!!

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Fingers
Charter Member

Post by Fingers » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:56 am

mdrs wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:19 pm
Lister, I dig the "Fingers Custom Shop mic port modification"!!! Shortens the signal chain considerably!!

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
Right?!! :)

Fingers
Charter Member

Re: Amp Question:UPDATE

Post by Fingers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Let the Marshall 1/2 stack go :cry: ...as is no tube replacement etc. The guy loves it and even had the 6550's replaced with EL-34's.

mdrs
Founding Member

Re: Amp Question:UPDATE

Post by mdrs » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Fingers wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:58 pm
Let the Marshall 1/2 stack go :cry: ...as is no tube replacement etc. The guy loves it and even had the 6550's replaced with EL-34's.
Did you take the Vibroverb in trade?????
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Greg B.
Charter Member

Post by Greg B. » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:56 pm

I'm just now seeing this. Originally I would have to concur with Don and say that it's a pretty even trade, but seeing the cab has 25W Blackback's and possibly Jim Marshall's sig inside, it might be worth hanging onto or selling outright. Not sure how much more it would be worth, but it would definitely be worth a little more. I've got a pic somewhere of a cab at a local shop that has a genuine (and documented) Jim Marshall signature from the late 80s. I'll find it and post it up for comparison.
"Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker"--Fender guitar course--1966

"Turning your amp up will solve most of your problems" - Bugs Henderson

Greg B.
Charter Member

Post by Greg B. » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:12 pm

Found it.....It's a '92 30th Anniversary 4x12 cab. Hope it helps.

"Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker"--Fender guitar course--1966

Greg B.
Charter Member

Post by Greg B. » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Oops....I responded before I read the 2nd page.....