Formal Daily Report

Our cosy little Inn, here at the end of the internet. A great place to sit a spell, and chat with friends. No religion, nor politics, please.

Topic Author
mdrs
Founding Member

Re: Formal Daily Report

Post by mdrs » Wed May 07, 2014 7:58 pm

I've not watched it. The bits I've seen, mostly the adverts, made it seem soap opera-ish, so I've avoided. I'll have to give it a look.
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=574296

Vince
Charter Member

Post by Vince » Wed May 07, 2014 8:15 pm

mdrs wrote:I've not watched it. The bits I've seen, mostly the adverts, made it seem soap opera-ish, so I've avoided. I'll have to give it a look.
Yeah... it probably is/will be. I like the songs so far though.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wj2w1IW4fY[/video]

Topic Author
mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:41 pm

So, being the day before Thanksgiving, it's the busiest travel day of the year. They said that due to the current low gas prices, that many more folks than usual will be driving to visit relatives for Thanksgiving. That make the current nor'easter dumping snow on us particularly intrusive!!

We've got about 4 to 5 inches on the ground, forcast to snow another 4 inches or so, ending around 7 PM. I worked today, but we had our "snow day" schedule, which means I did laser surgeries, and saw any of the patients willing to come in, only I saw them early before the snow got too bad. Makes for a full morning, but I was able to close down the offices by 12:30 PM and send my staff home for the holidays.

Once home, I hauled in a bunch of firewood, as I plan on building a nice fire in the fireplace later on. I also went on tree patrol. The temperature is right around freezing, thus far, producing a "tree pruning" snow.........meaning wet and heavy, sticking on limbs and trees. All of my white birch trees were bowing down to the ground, coated by heavy, wet snow. I spent about a half hour shaking the trees, and beating them with a broom, in order to knock as much snow off of them as I could, thus allowing them to stand back up. Hopefully that will keep some of them from snapping and being lost.

I ended up complete drenched, soaking wet, after the heaps of falling snow nailed me while under those trees, shaking them with all I had!!

So, the rest of the afternoon will be drying out, and getting a fire going. My son will be driving up from Philly after work, today. He's got a 4 wheel drive pickup, so he should get through.

Best of all, my wife plans on making a couple of pies tonight.

:horns: :horns: :horns: :horns:

:rawk:
Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."
"The guitar is such a great friend... If you play guitar, you are already blessed."

Topic Author
mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Well, it has been way too long.

With the Facebook "The String Network" page so busy, this place has slowed considerably. It is nice to see that there are still topics that we continue to share here on our website. It's a bit more intimate, here. Mostly I see the "core" members visiting and posting here. It's funny, I've never thought that much of what we post here ever gets seen much, except by our members. However, I recently posted an interesting story, and suddenly it was being referenced elsewhere!

Anyhow, no big news here on my homefront. My youngest son and his significant other are visiting for a couple of days. They head to the Philly area to stay at her folks house for a couple of days, and then back to Chicago, where they are grad students at U. of Chicago. They are both awaiting word back from other universities at which they've applied for phD programs. Jeff is already accepted at UCLA, so there is a chance he'll be moving out thereby the end of this summer.

My oldest son got engaged a couple of weeks ago. The wedding is September of 2017. He'll be the first of my three sons to be married.

That's about it. I'm just getting old and cranky.

How about you?

:snax:
Don

Topic Author
mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Happy Eclipse Day........well, almost.

Be safe, and watch the eclipse on TV. I have surgeries tomorrow, but will likely be home in time to enjoy the darkening. I will NOT be looking at the sun, however. And, if you are asking my opinion, you shouldn't either. Be outside, enjoy the event, just don't look at the sun. NO NEED TO......the actual eclipse will be on every TV channel, youtube, etc., and in much finer detail than anything an amatuer would see.

Be safe.....keep your sight......enjoy the event, and watch it on TV!!

.......my public safety statement for the year!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

:eek:

:horns:
Don

splitting hare
Charter Member

Post by splitting hare » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:09 am

Hey, I had almost forgotten about the Daily Report Thread! :thumb:

In regards to the eclipse, I will be at work as always, but since I work at the lake, it will be a great place to experience it. Where we are at will experience 99.7% of totality. I do have the special eclipse glasses that are legit but will still use caution and more likely to observe the surroundings. About 30 minutes up the road in Spring City, TN is one place that will be experiencing 100% totality. They are expecting about 10,000 visitors today, which is quite a number considering there are only 2,000 residents in the town! :shock:
Eric
Soundclick stuff
Soundcloud stuff
"A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Give me a pen - I'm signing, you're signing, we're all signing!" - Lenny Haise

Topic Author
mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:47 pm

R.I.P. Mr. Tom Petty.

Gone way too soon.
Don

DaveDaDude
Charter Member

Post by DaveDaDude » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:58 pm

mdrs wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:47 pm
R.I.P. Mr. Tom Petty.

Gone way too soon.
Amen to that, brother. As Craig said, I'm sure too that Tom wasn't through writing great stuff yet.
:blah: :blah: :blah:
Dave

1972 Martin D-18
Roland Jazz Chorus 55 (c 1986)
Epiphone Galaxie 10 (Tube) Combo;
DigiTech Genesis 3, Nano PB-1 Volume Boost Pedal, BOSS GE-7 EQ
oh... and a Shure SM57 too

PhotoBucket sux, see their new "3rd Party Hosting" policy :mad:

Verndog
Platinum Member

Post by Verndog » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:58 pm

Checking in! I am still lurking about.
The stupidity of one's actions is equally proportioned to the amount of people who saw you do it
Single can be purchased here!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/devil ... =721722185

DaveDaDude
Charter Member

Post by DaveDaDude » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:33 pm

lurk 'n Lurch ;) :cool:
Dave

1972 Martin D-18

Geoff
Charter Member

Post by Geoff » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:18 am

OK, I've decided to come back here a lot more often. I've tried the Facebook thing for several months now and frankly, it's not the same. There isn't the intimacy you can get in particular threads on here. I miss that on FB. So I'll still be picking up the FB stuff when I'm on there but I'm coming back to the bosom! :)

G.
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace. Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music

DaveDaDude
Charter Member

Post by DaveDaDude » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:30 am

Geoff wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:18 am
... I've tried the Facebook thing for several months now and frankly, it's not the same. There isn't the intimacy you can get in particular threads on here. I miss that on FB. So I'll still be picking up the FB stuff when I'm on there but I'm coming back to the bosom! :)

G.
Yeah, me too. That was what was missing, the "intimacy". I couldn't put my finger on it, but that's it. Here one feels as if one is not "out in the open", so to speak. Here is our own little niche in the corner of the www. :thumb:
Dave

1972 Martin D-18

Geoff
Charter Member

Post by Geoff » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:25 am

I'm off for a week's vacation soon. When I get back I intend to post a few items & pics of my guitars & basses. Get a bit of transaction going here again.

G.
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace. Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music

DaveDaDude
Charter Member

Post by DaveDaDude » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Geoff wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:25 am
I'm off for a week's vacation soon. When I get back I intend to post a few items & pics of my guitars & basses. Get a bit of transaction going here again.

G.
:D :snax:
Dave

1972 Martin D-18

Topic Author
mdrs
Founding Member

Post by mdrs » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:05 pm

You are right, Geoff. A thread on FB is like a one night stand...... Here, we are into relationships!! :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

I try to check in here regularly, and will continue to do so.........
Don